The SOTO Sun

The Student News Site of School of the Osage

The SOTO Sun

The SOTO Sun

It’s Courtwarming Week!

It’s Courtwarming week at School of the Osage! The community is excited for all of the courtwarming festivities. It seems this week has an unlucky background for the lake area, being that two of the last three years have been rescheduled due to weather. And like clockwork, we are expecting lots of snow and ice for this weekend. On Wednesday during school, the district decided to move the courtwarming game and related festivities to Thursday in case Friday would get snowed out. It has been controversial on whether this was a good or bad decision; a lot of commotion is coming from the students who play basketball and are also on the courtwarming court.

Another activity taking place on the night of the courtwarming game is the Project Graduation dinner and silent auction. During this event, volunteers from around the community, as well as 2024 graduating students, will be serving dinner and orchestrating the silent auction to raise money for the graduation party for the seniors after their year-end graduation. The donations to the silent auction came from local businesses or community members’ personal projects. It’s very appreciated for everyone attending, volunteering, or donating for this event to support our 2024 seniors. And despite the weather changing the plans, everyone is super excited for courtwarming!