The SOTO Sun

The Student News Site of School of the Osage

The SOTO Sun

The SOTO Sun

Bowling Bowl Review

Storm Absolute Power vs. Summit Peak

Let’s start with the Summit Peak bowling ball. It is the first ball that Storm made with an A.I Core. It’s coverstock is the TX-23 Pearl Reactive. TX-23 is an upgraded version of the TX-16 that gives enhanced oil absorption for even better grip on heavy-oil conditions. Its coverstock is a reactive hybrid all because its core is made from A.I. For a 15 lb ball, its Radius of Gyration (RG) is 2.46 which is on the lower end, but that means the ball will flare higher and hook more. Watching YouTube videos about it, it is a pretty good ball, and I would buy it if I had the money. It is a $200 ball, but that makes sense because it’s the newest ball of Storm.

Now let’s talk about the Absolute Power bowling ball. Personally, this ball is for me. This ball is a good ball and its $200 price is 100 percent worth it. It was released on the same day as the Summit Peak. The Absolute Power also has an Asymmetric and Hybrid Core made from A.I. Its Radius of Gyration is a 2.48 which is a little higher than the Summit Peak, but, obviously, you can get both balls from weights in the range of 12-16 pounds. In my opinion, both balls are great new balls from Storm, but if I would buy any of them I would buy the Storm Absolute Power because it is just a great ball and has perfect specs for me. The Summit Peak is a great ball and has a great performance. In my opinion, you cannot go wrong with either of them.