The SOTO Sun

The Student News Site of School of the Osage

The SOTO Sun

The SOTO Sun

This Week’s Top 5

At The Theater
This Weeks Top 5

The Top 5 Movies List for this week reviews the following:

The Beekeeper came out this year. The reason why this one comes in as Number One is because critics say that the movie is “cheerfully undemanding and enjoyably retrograde.” The Beekeeper proves that when it comes to dispensing action-thriller justice, Statham hasn’t lost his sting.

Coming in second is the new Mean Girls movie which was really good because it was pretty much the same movie with just a different cast. While the critics didn’t really say anything about the movie, I say it was good. 

The third movie on the list is Wonka, which I haven’t seen yet but really want to. The critics say “the movie with director Paul King at the helm and some solid new songs at the ready, the warmly old-fashioned Wonka puts a suitably sweet spin on the classic character while still leaving some room for the source material’s darker undertones.”

The fourth movie is Night Swim. The movie looks like a good one, but the critics say, “Despite a promising start and a handful of solid scares, Night Swim is undone by a premise that just isn’t strong enough to support a feature-length film.”

The final movie recommended this week is Oppenheimer. I really relied on the critics for this one when looking at what they said. They stated that “Oppenheimer marks another engrossing achievement from Christopher Nolan that benefits from Murphy’s tour-de-force performance and stunning visuals.”