The SOTO Sun

The Student News Site of School of the Osage

The SOTO Sun

The SOTO Sun

In’s and Out’s – 2024 Edition

I think that we need to leave the things that no longer serve us. It could be friends that are fake and you must leave them behind. It could be anything that you would like to get rid of – the things that drag you down. For me, it is the things that I do not cherish anymore, the things that do not bring me satisfaction in my life. At this pivotal point in my life from being a high schooler to then becoming an adult in college, it makes me think that people need to really be looking for the things that make them happy and give them more energy and love.

For me, there are things that I need to bring into my life moving forward into the new year. I need to see the things that make me want to keep pushing forward into the future. It makes sense that people struggle to change how they are. I think that people need to have a helping hand sometimes to provide themselves with a wonderful year. People around me can see that I am moving to bigger and better things that I have needed to do for a long time. This applies to even your New Year’s resolution.

I think that people need to be more precise with what they want out of their New Year’s resolutions. With my friends, I have noticed that they try to make unattainable goals that do not help them move forward. I believe that we need to make goals that enhance our year as well as foster new beginnings. One of my goals this year is to be active every day even when I don’t feel super amazing. I believe that this is more attainable than if I said that I want to work out every day. I know that it is important to set goals that help you with your future, but I also believe that it is fun to make hard goals that seem unattainable. One of the goals that I have set for myself that feels unattainable is to be more organized and do my homework every day. It would be super hard for me because I procrastinate.