The SOTO Sun

The Student News Site of School of the Osage

The SOTO Sun

The SOTO Sun

Best places to eat at The Lake

The Lake of the Ozarks is filled with many incredible restaurants.being a hot tourist spot it’s crucial to provide quality food for tourists – and locals – to be able to enjoy. Being a restaurant connoisseur myself, here are the top three restaurants you should choose from when you’re at the Lake.

Starting with Baxter’s Lakeside Grille, this restaurant has a beautiful view of the lake, and the entire place provides a comforting and relaxing feeling. The menu is impeccable, from a grilled chicken sandwich to a wooden platter of salmon, it’s all amazing. My personal favorite meal is the multiple options of pasta. The portions are huge and could leave leftovers for days. The salads that come with your meal are extremely fresh and delicious. With the salad they bring complimentary bread rolls to the table with smooth butter to top it with, that alone is to die for. The desert menu matches the perfection level of everything else too. The strawberry cheesecake takes the winning spot. Plus, if you visit on a birthday they bring a piece of cheesecake and take a photo of you and your party, then print it out for you to keep. Overall Baxters is a wonderful experience and a must visit.

PaPPo’s Pizzeria and Pub is the next restaurant on the list. The pizza has an outstanding flavor and it cooked to perfection with a variety of choices on sauces and toppings. Like margherita pizza, meaty pizzas, vegan pizzas, and so many more choices. With pizza being one of my favorite foods, I approve of this restaurant. The breadsticks are perfect as well. For dessert you wouldn’t believe the chocolate chip cookies. They are huge and filled with gooey chocolate, then topped with sea salt, making them the best cookies in the game.

The last restaurant you must visit is Sergio’s Taqueria, A local phenomenon.The people love it so much there are two locations. It is a wonderful tex-mex restaurant with authentic Mexican food. The chicken has a perfect and insane flavor. The Sergio’s burrito is filled to the maximum with steak, chicken, shrimp, and all of the other fixings, then covered in queso. Speaking of, the salsa they start you with is unforgettable. You could eat enough to fill you up before the meal even arrives. Another amazing dip is the fresh guacamole. If you are craving fajitas, burritos, quesadillas, or tacos, this is the perfect choice.