The SOTO Sun

The Student News Site of School of the Osage

The SOTO Sun

The SOTO Sun

Snow Raises Concern For Local Workers

Last time, I covered how the recent weather has affected the local community from the eyes of a student. Although the bad weather may be over, I’d still like to address how it’s affected community members, particularly workers. For this, I’ll be using my mother’s experience as a basis.

Firstly, those living in more rural areas most likely found it hard to leave for work due to roads not being plowed close to them or simply too much debris. While I wouldn’t call where I live rural, we’re pretty close and one of our roads certainly doesn’t help. My mother got ready once and was about to leave, only to find that our road hadn’t been plowed or cleared in any way. When talking to some friends, this also seemed to be the case for them as well.

Secondly, for those able to make it in, you might be missing important members of your work environment. This can severely impede work, leading to you falling behind and not being able to do anything effectively.

In conclusion, snow also severely impacts workers within Lake of the Ozark. Overall, bad weather makes a hassle for everyone who just wants to get their work done.