The SOTO Sun

The Student News Site of School of the Osage

The SOTO Sun

The SOTO Sun

Who’s Trending in the World of Hollywood?

Elton John, Bizkaia Arena, Bilbao Exhibition Centre -BEC-, Barakaldo, 2/XI/2014 (Photographer: Dena Flows)

In the wake of the Golden Globes, many actors and actresses continue to have the spotlight on them. Popular musician, Elton John, was recently awarded the EGOT after his win at the 2024 Emmys for his outstanding variety special. An EGOT is awarded when a person wins an Emmy, Grammy, an Oscar and a Tony. Elton is one of nineteen others who have this award. Among the awards, there are also actors and actresses who are taking fame for various other reasons.

Calvin Klein recently released a new ad campaign featuring the actor from Shameless and more recently known for his role in The Bear, Jeremy Allen-White. Ever since the ad was released, fans have gone crazy. Edits of the campaign are all over social media and Allen-White has become the first “white boy of the month” for 2024. This campaign has brought up past Calvin Klein ads, one in particular featuring the star of the recent film, Saltburn.

Jeremy Allen White was the latest face of the Calvin Klein Campaign.

Jacob Elordi is all over the media right now, with him hosting Saturday Night Live and gaining popularity through his roles in Euphoria and Saltburn. His musical guest on Saturday Night Live is also making her way into the spotlight.

Reneé Rapp, a singer/songwriter and now actress, has gained popularity through her role as Regina George in the new Mean Girls adaptation. Her music takes hints of Trap, soul, R&B, and rap. With her role in Mean Girls, her music has skyrocketed. Within the movie there were a lot of opinions on Regina George’s outfits. Many say they were “cheap” and that whoever styled Rapp should be fired. Regina George is supposed to be the “It” girl. People take inspiration from her and base their outfits off of hers. 

Another star from the TV show, The Bear, has been making headlines. Ayo Edebiri won best supporting actress at this year’s 75th Primetime Emmy Awards.