The SOTO Sun

The Student News Site of School of the Osage

The SOTO Sun

The SOTO Sun

Osage Beach Grand Glaize Bridge accident

In Osage Beach, Missouri on January 24, 2024, a deadly motor accident occurred on eastbound Highway 54 on the Grand Glaize Bridge. The accident resulted in the death of one man, and it’s reported by the Osage Beach police that no other injuries occurred. The one death was a 30 year old man named Zachariah S. Breeden of Rocky Mount, Missouri. The accident happened at 4:10 pm when a 2018 GMC Acadia stopped in the far lane of the bridge with its hazard lights on to pick up Zachariah. The driver of the Acadia was 28 year old Austin J. McFall. Then, a 2008 Hyundai Sorento, driven by 24 year old Emma Gretlein, hit the Acadia. In a statement, Gretlein said that she didn’t realize the vehicle wasn’t moving, and when she did, she swerved, causing her to hit the vehicle’s driver side. She also, in the process, hit Breeden. After authorities arrived, Crystal Loyd from the Camden County Medical Examiner’s Office pronounced Breeden dead at the scene of the crash. Then both drivers and McFall’s passenger Nicole McFall were checked out by ambulance personnel, and no other injuries were recorded.