The SOTO Sun

The Student News Site of School of the Osage

The SOTO Sun

The SOTO Sun

Is Taylor Swift Funding the NFL?

Revelations of Revenue

The 2023-2024 NFL season is about to come to an end with Super Bowl LVIII happening this Sunday. One of the teams participating in it is the Kansas City Chiefs. The biggest headline of this team this season hasn’t been anything to actually do with the actual team, but with Taylor Swift. Now, you might be asking why Taylor Swift is involved in the NFL. Well, it’s because she’s dating Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce. A lot of fans find it annoying just how much the NFL promotes her, but there’s a big reason for it. Every week since the first game she has attended, new fans have joined Chiefs Kingdom as followers. According to FOX 4 Kansas City, there has been a 53% male increase and a 35% female increase in viewers. Travis Kelce’s jersey sales alone have gone up 400%. The Chiefs fan base has gone up 6.48% with more than half a million new fans across their social media platforms. In total, she has made over 330 million dollars for the NFL. Don’t expect to see her presence to be lowered by the NFL anytime soon.