The SOTO Sun

The Student News Site of School of the Osage

The SOTO Sun

The SOTO Sun

School of the Osage’s winter player

This year the theater department at School of the Osage High School is putting on a winter play. The director is Mrs. Klingingsmith. The last time they did so was three years ago, so this year they will have put on the musical, a winter play, and one acts. The play will occur February 22-23 at 7:00 PM each night. The play is called Thirteen Past Midnight. “Thirteen Past Midnight is a soap opera that is based on a murder mystery game with a twist,” says actress Madyson Spriggs. Madyson plays the character Allison Trent who is one of the wife of the main character Skyler. Her character spends most of the time screaming and yelling like a banshee at her husband in the play and gets more and more crazy as the play goes on. It’s actually quite a small play only having seven male and nine female characters. Students who wanted to be in it tried out back in December. Now the theater is practicing the play everyday after school and will continue to do so until the premier. The theater kids have been so excited about the play and hope to see everyone from school watching the play at the end of February.