The SOTO Sun

The Student News Site of School of the Osage

The SOTO Sun

The SOTO Sun

Senior Spotlight- William Startzman

William Startzman is someone who many have come to know around the school for being hard working and overall helpful. Because of his experiences, it’s only appropriate that he has some acknowledgement.

When asked about how he would describe himself, he didn’t have an exact answer. Not because of a lack of self-identity, but because of a natural inclination to not exactly care about labels. He would rather focus on other things that, to him, are more important.

His biggest influence, according to him, are his friends and loved ones. They are always there to support him in one way or another, and for that he’s grateful.

William’s biggest hobby is anything related to automotive work, primarily working on his car. While nothing in terms of why was given, it’s clear to anyone who talks to him that he takes this incredibly seriously. On the plus side, it’ll save him money when it comes to car repairs.

When it comes to regrets, William only has one: not enjoying life more. While many can understand this feeling, it can be presumed that many people often feel like this. For some, it feels like they’re being too tense or serious when they shouldn’t be. However, if something positive comes out of that moment, aren’t you still enjoying those times?

When it comes to his potential legacy, William wants to be known for being helpful. Based on the words of many people within Osage, it’s safe to say that he has effectively achieved that school legacy.

When it comes to an end goal, his response was to do what he loves in life with little struggle- a goal we all share to a certain extent. With his skill set and how intelligent he can be, one can presume that William will be able to do this with great ease.

Lastly, he said that the world needs to be a little more kind. Given how things are in the world, this is something that can be absorbed by us all and used in our day-to-day decision making.