The SOTO Sun

The Student News Site of School of the Osage

The SOTO Sun

The SOTO Sun

Horror Movie Franchises

There have been a lot of horror movies franchises and even more movies but 5 franchises really take the cake.

The Conjuring Franchise has 8 movies in its entire franchise some Include The Nun, all three conjuring movies, and even all of the Annabelle movies. It’s also grossed over 2 billion dollars world wide, the highest grossing movie of the franchise is The Nun having produced 365.5 million dollars.

The final destination has a total of 6 movies in the franchise coming out as early as 2000. Grossing 2 billion dollars combined in the box office. The highest grossing being the final destination which received just over 66 million dollars. What would you do if you saw how the people around you were going to die and how? 

The Scream franchise is composed of 6 total movies dating back to as early as 1996 with the most recent coming out in 2023. The Scream franchise has overall grossed 900 million dollars at the global box office.

The Insidious franchise has a grand total of 5 movies dating back to the 2010’s the most recent came out in 2023. All 5 films have grossed over 730 million dollars worldwide with a budget of 42.5 million dollars . The highest grossing being The Red Door with 189 million dollars .

Last but definitely not least, the Paranormal Activity with a total of 7 movies. The first movie hit the theater in 2007 and the latest was released in 2021. The franchise has grossed 194.2 million dollars.