The SOTO Sun

The Student News Site of School of the Osage

The SOTO Sun

The SOTO Sun

DECA Districts

DECA+Districts

On the morning of Thursday, February 1st, 32 students from Osage High School traveled to Jefferson City to compete in the DECA District competitions.

Tensions were high as the students walked into the unopened mall where the competition was held. They were scheduled to arrive at 8 am with several other schools; however, due to unknown reasons, they did not arrive until a half hour later and were the last school to arrive. As soon as the clock hit 9, everything began. Judges started calling out names for individuals and team role plays. When your name got called you would then enter a large room filled with tables, and depending on your event, would get either 10 or 30 minutes to prepare. You would then go up and present your event to your assigned judge and then you’re done.

Once everyone completes their events, there is about an hour in which some help to set up for the awards ceremony, and then about another hour before the votes are actually given out. A total of 15 Osage students placed and are going on to compete at State in Kansas City on March 3-5.