The SOTO Sun

The Student News Site of School of the Osage

The SOTO Sun

The SOTO Sun

Which Teams Will Be Making It To The Stanley Cup?

AP
    CORRECTS ID TO NAZEM KADRI INSTEAD OF NATHAN MACKINNON – Colorado Avalanche center Nazem Kadri lifts the Stanley Cup after the team defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning 2-1 in Game 6 of the NHL hockey Stanley Cup Finals on Sunday, June 26, 2022, in Tampa, Fla. (AP Photo/John Bazemore)

With the ending of the regular season arriving within the next few weeks, it’s almost time for the battle for the Stanley Cup to begin. Arguably the most prestigious and impressive trophy you can win, the Stanley Cup is sought after by 32 teams every year. 

This year the team most favored to win are the Carolina Hurricanes. The team has a 13.3% chance of winning the cup itself, especially after officially securing a spot in the playoffs after defeating the Detroit RedWings on March 28th. Coming in second are the Colorado Avalanche, and in third are the Edmonton Oilers. With players such as Nathan Mackinnon, Andrei Schvechnikov, and Connor McDavid, these teams are a force to be reckoned with for any team that should go up against them.

Aside from these teams are also four others who are confirmed to be eliminated from this year’s playoffs. The Chicago Blackhawks, the Arizona Coyotes, the Anaheim Ducks, and the San Jose Sharks are not going to be moving on once the regular season ends. 

It’s a brutal game, Hockey. Whether it’s being checked into the boards or having to say goodbye to a spot in the playoffs, there’s nothing about this sport that is weak. Even the fans are hardcore. Win or lose, these teams give it their all every season. They work-out and train all throughout the off-season and when it’s time, they will once again begin their battle for that year’s Stanley Cup.